When you enable notifications from your preferences you will receive real-time alerts when events happen on Sportspickr. These notifications can be found in Preference menu under League. Note, these settings are unique to each league you belong.
- Opponent Pick Notifications: This will send a notification when your head-to-head opponent makes a pick. Note: This option is only available if your league is set to “Show other team picks in picks selection and scoreboard” (admin setting).
- Pick Settles: This will send notification when picks you make settle. This will show result of pick and how many points you won/loss.
- Opponent’s Pick Settles: This will send notification when picks you make settle. This will show result of pick and how many points you won/loss.
- Your Games Starts: Receive a notification at start time of games you picked.
- Your Opponent’s Games Start: Receive a notification at start time of games your opponent picked.
- New User (admin only): Admin will receive a notification when a new user accepts invite and joins league.
- User Pauses or Activates (admin only): Admin will receive a notification when a user pauses or activates in league.
These notifications will be sent to the following devices: IOS, Android, desktop Firefox browser, desktop Safari browser, and desktop Chrome browser. Be sure you have latest version of Firefox and Chrome to receive these on your desktop.
When you first go to Sportspickr site you will be prompted to accept notifications like this Firefox example:
To remove notifications on Firefox, select the “i” icon and hit “x”.
For Chrome, you can stop receiving notifications by going to Chrome->Preferences->Advanced Settings->Privacy->Content Settings->Notifications (they hide this well) and click on right icon and remove Sportspickr.
Below are example notifications you will get if you opt to receive them…